Children’s Groups starting back from Sun 6th September
Important information for children and parents
2. Children are to be dropped off at the fire door entrance to the hall on the South side of the church, and please social-distance from other families when doing so.
3. Please drop off at 9.50 am so that you can then be in church by 10 am for the service.
4. Please don't bring anything extra from home with you like toys or water bottles etc.
5. Children will be asked to use the automatic hand sanitizers on their way into their group and before they leave.
6. All equipment need will be provided in individual packs for each child.
7. When picking up after the service (the children won’t be brought back into church as usual), please don't come up the steps to the doors but children will be sent down to you when their leader sees you.
8. If your child requires first aid during the session, a leader will come and get you from the church for you to assist your own child.
9. All our new working practices will be explained to your children in their groups when they arrive to reassure them and so they know and understand how it all works.
St John's is a family-friendly church; we always welcome new members.
Normal services will be resumed once COVID-19 safety procedures allow. Presently, Gems, the creche is closed and the family corner cannot share toys.
The Rock: Sunday Morning Groups
Pebbles and Boulders: our exciting groups for children aged 3-10.
We meet in the church hall, which is adjacent to the church, where there are always activities out from 9.50 am to welcome the children. Our session begins at 10.00 am with lively worship, teaching, games, films, craft.
Previously we have joined the adults in the church towards the end of the Morning Service. However, the new COVID-19 safety procedures means the children won’t be brought back into church as usual, but will be collected by parents after the service (please don't come up the steps to the doors but children will be sent down to you when their leader sees you).
We use multimedia to help communicate the Bible.
All our leaders and helpers are DBS-checked and receive safeguarding training.
Our Sunday evening youth group B.O.S.S is for anyone in years 6 – 13. We will be running alongside the SundaySix evening service in the hall during term time from 6 – 7 PM, and you are welcome to arrive any time from 5:40! Go to our Boss Page for more info!
Our Friday night youth group VERVE is for anyone in years 6 – 9. We will be meeting every week during term time from 7:00 – 8:30 PM in the church. Go to our Verve page for more info!
Our Thursday Bible Study group TBS is for anyone in years 10 – 13. We will be meeting every Thursday evening during term time from 7:30 – 8:30 PM via Zoom. Go to our TBS page for more info!