GIFT AND KATHRYN ASIKU – Wycliffe Bible Translators in Uganda.
Gift & Kathryn Asiku & family, serving as Language Programmes Coordinator (Gift) and Literacy & Scripture Engagement Assistant (Kathryn)
They both work in the Wycliffe office in Entebbe, Uganda; Gift (who is Ugandan) is engaged with supervising and checking the Bible translation projects with a team of translators, working on translations of the Old and New Testament in some of the 42 languages spoken in Uganda. Kathryn is involved with literacy work, producing and editing literacy books and Scripture materials distributed through the local churches. They have two sons, James and Simon Peter, who are both at a local Primary School.
Church Reps: Chris and Lindsey Saunders.
Prayer support is a fundamental part of our ministry; please continue to keep the ministry of Bible Translation and language development in your prayers.
Praise and prayer points:
- We praise God for good progress in the translation work.
- We praise God for the children being able to return to school.
- We thank God for the relatively peaceful elections in January and Gift’s brother Ronald’s successful election as an MP.
Please pray with us…
- for complete recovery from the illness we suffered in May.
- For safe travels for Gift and other colleagues visiting remote language groups as part of the Egisigaire project and that the meetings will lead to a fruitful engagement with these groups.
- For wisdom and guidance for Kathryn and colleague Tanya as they prepare to teach on the i-DELTA course.
- For Gift’s Mum and brother to be in good health and able to have the necessary surgery.
- for the Aringa, Lugwere and Lunyole Bible translation teams as they work on translation checking with their consultants in the next few months.