COVID-19 guidelines for services back in the church
Here’s what you need to know…
The building is set up to welcome people in a safe manner with social-distancing and all the current guidelines in place. Services will last no more than an hour. There will be plenty of music in the service although no singing at the moment (not out loud anyway!) as well as readings and teaching from the Bible and time to pray. We’re unable to serve refreshments at present and although we’ll miss this part of our time together, we hope that instead we will feed on and be refreshed by God’s Word as we meet with him.
You will need to book your place in advance with our church office as numbers are limited (if you miss out one week, you will be given priority for future weeks – and the 10 am service will also be broadcast online for those unable to be present).
Here are (just!) 15 guidelines for everyone to follow:
- BYOB (bring your own Bible).
- When you arrive, please don’t mingle with others outside the church.
- Enter the church one-at-a-time through the North door maintaining 2-metre distance from those in front of you.
- Use the automatic hand sanitiser in the porch as you enter.
- If you are using the NHS Track and Trace app, scan the QR code on the wall in church.
- Follow the one-way signs as directed, filling up each row from the far end and immediately taking your seat.
- Please leave 3 chairs between you and the next person/household.
- Please avoid touching anything other than your own chair.
- Toilets are only to be used in an emergency!?!
- At the end of the service, rows will be dismissed one-by-one from the front (school assembly style!).
- Please continue to follow the one-way system as you exit via the South door (with wheelchair-users exiting via the North door).
- Please use the hand sanitiser in the south porch on the way out.
- Avoid the temptation to hang around in groups to chat afterwards.
- Face masks are now mandatory for church services so please bring one with you and wear it whilst in the building. Thank you.
For children coming to The Rock, please drop them off at the hall door on the South side of the church at 9:50 am and pick up from here afterwards. In the evening, youth can arrive at the hall from 5:30 pm. Children and youth will be with their leaders in bubbles of no more than 15 and will not be able to mix with those attending the service in the church.
We never like telling people not to come to church but in this instance, we have to say please don’t come if you or someone in your household is at high risk or is experiencing coronavirus symptoms.
With all the measures we have put in place, we are confident that coming to church is one of the safest things you can do with the carefully-managed and socially-distanced space and the greatly reduced numbers in the building. We also wish to reiterate that if you personally don’t feel comfortable with any of this just yet, then please don’t feel under any pressure to take part until you feel comfortable doing so.
If you have any questions at all, please do get in touch.