Friday night youth group at St John's Felbridge
7 – 8:30 pm in the church for years 6 – 9.
VERVE is our Friday night group for anyone in years 6 – 9. We meet in the church to hang out, play games, chat, do all kinds of activities, and have fun! We usually spend the first bit of the evening playing table tennis, consoles, football, and other stuff, while hanging out. We then have a short slot for announcements and a 5-minute Christian talk to give everyone something to think and chat about for the evening. We then go back to playing games and chatting, and sometimes doing a big group activity!
So if you're in years 6 – 9, it would be great to see you!
All of our leaders are DBS-checked and trained in safeguarding.
Because of current COVID regulations, the format of VERVE has had to change. In short, we can no longer provide any food or drink (but feel free to bring your own if you'd like!) and there are a couple of activities we can no longer do (like playing pool). Therefore, please follow these steps to ensure the safety of all attending VERVE:
- registration & consent. We cannot allow young people to join us for VERVE without an up-to-date registration & consent form. Click here for a link to this form. One must be filled out for every young person. Please scan and return this to me by email prior to your young person attending for the first time this term, or print and bring it on the day if necessary.
- drop-off. This will be from 7:00 via the North door (main church door facing The Glebe), queueing from the car park. We will have a marked out queue.
- collection. This will be at 8:30 via the South door (church door by the graveyard), queueing round the front of the church (south door).
- doors and windows will remain open for ventilation. Please remind your young person not to leave without you being there to collect them.
- face masks. At present, these are required. If there is a reason to not wear a mask, please let us know when you book and also note this in the registration & consent form.
- hand sanitizer. We will have sanitizer available on entry and exit, and for any activities.
- food & drink. We cannot provide any food or drink for the foreseeable future. Please come with a drink (and snack if you'd like!) for VERVE.
- cleaning. The areas used will have been cleaned before our use, and we will clean them after each of our events.